Auvergne VolcanSancy is a territory located in the South West of the department of Puy-de-Dôme, between the summit of Puy-de-Dôme, and the reservoir of the Bort-les-Orgues dam as well as on the western slope of the Massif du Sancy, very close to La Bourboule, Le Mont Dore, Super Besse and Bort les Orgues.
The 27 villages are easily accessible by road thanks to the A89 Clermont – Bordeaux (exit Sancy n° 25 at Saint-Julien-Puy-Lavèze), and the proximity of the A71, A72 and A75 motorways.
- Calculating your road route
- In Winter, we advise you before your stay to consult road conditions or the answering machine 04 73 42 02 63.
- Also follow the state of live traffic thanks to the network of webcams of the County Council. You will thus have an overview of the traffic conditions, in real time.
In some towns in the Puy-de-Dôme department, it is now compulsory to have winter equipment, between November 1 and March 31 of the following year.
You can arrive by train to Clermont-Ferrand station. From the Clermont-Ferrand SNCF station, TER buses take over to certain villages.
- Lines and timetables TER trains and buses
- List TER stations served
It is possible to come by bus to some villages in our territory, however, there are few or no regular lines serving the surrounding villages.
- Line bus no. 52 serves the towns of Olby, Saint Pierre Roche, Rochefort-Montagne from Clermont-Ferrand.
- Line bus no. 46 serves the towns of Rochefort-Montagne, Saint-Julien Puy Lavèze and Saint-Sauves d'Auvergne from Clermont-Ferrand or Ussel.
- Line bus no. 47 serves the municipalities of Rochefort-Montagne, Saint-Julien Puy Lavèze, Tauves and Bagnols from Clermont-Ferrand or Mauriac
Clermont Ferrand Aulnat airport is located about an hour from our towns.
- Departure and arrival times of your plane at Clermont Ferrand Aulnat airport.