Portico (Saint-Sauves)

In 1873, the mayor of St-Sauves had the idea of preserving and moving the porch of the old church, which had been partially destroyed during the fire of 1872. 

At the same time, the 15th century baptistery was to also be removed and repositioned at the St-Sauves viewpoint. This late 16th century portico comprises various Renaissance-era adornments and mouldings, including the coat of arms of the Rochebaron family, lords of St-Sauves at this time. Besides depictions of men and women, other figurines represent hell.

Services

Labels

Contact information

The portico lies in the square below the church.

Hikes and walks

Parcours visite du village de Saint-Sauves

Download sheet Read online