Located at the foot of Sancy massif, about sixty kilometers from Clermont-Ferrand and only 7 km from La Bourboule, La Tour d'Auvergne is a small village surrounded by greenery and offering many outdoor activities, in the heart of an exceptional environment. This town is an essential tourist destination in Puy-de-Dôme, all year round.
A great name for a charming town.
- History: stronghold of the barony of La Tour d'Auvergne, one of whose descendants is none other than Marguerite de Valois or "queen margot"
- Heritage: listed church of Saint-Pardoux, statue of Notre Dame de Natzy
- Outdoor activities in all seasons: fishing, CO, mountain biking, swimming in summer, canyoning, hiking, Nordic skiing, snowshoeing...
- Lake and supervised swimming in summer
- Tourist accommodation, shops and services, entertainment
Tour of the lake of La Tour d'Auvergne
A path of just over a kilometer allows you to go around the lake while enjoying the view of the Natzy hill and its statue as well as the perched village of the Tour d'Auvergne.
A green resort
The village of La Tour d'Auvergne has been labeled Station Verte for many years.
Station Verte is a tourist label created in 1964 by the French Federation of Green Stations and Snow Villages.
A Green Station is a welcoming territory in the heart of the land, recognized at national level as an organized Station offering meaningful stays, in favor of natural, authentic, humane and environmentally friendly tourism.