Cross-country skiing in Auvergne, snowshoeing in Auvergne, sleeping in a treehouse in the Puy de Dôme? This is possible on the Nordic area of the Tour d'Auvergne La Stèle, on the western slope of the Puy de Sancy, in the heart of the Regional Natural Park of the Volcanoes of Auvergne. At the exit of La Tour d'Auvergne in the direction of Mont-Dore, La Stèle offers more than 90 km of cross-country ski trails in Auvergne, in the heart of the Sancy Nordic area (250 km of trails drawn in classic or skating , signposted, secure).
Opening season 2022 – 2023
- December 10, 2022 (subject to snow cover) sufficient)
- 9 a.m. to 16:30 p.m.
Cross-country skiing Auvergne
The cross-country ski trails offered from La Tour d'Auvergne – La Stèle are looped (they all return to their starting point).
- 2 green: easy (1 and 2,9 km)
- 2 blue: medium (1,7 and 4,1 km)
- 3 reds: difficult (3 – 4 and 5 kms)
- 4 black: very difficult (2 x 7,5 – 8,5 and 33 kms)
- 4 connecting routes: 4,7 km to Charlannes, 7 km to Chastreix, 9 and 11 km to Capucin.
- Marked trails, groomed (classic or skating), secure and reserved for the exclusive use of Nordic skiing.
- Access to the slopes is chargeable. Access is prohibited to pedestrians, snowshoes and dogs.
- Free multi-activity route (pedestrians, sledges, skis, snowshoes) / rental / lifeguard station / restaurant
Snowshoeing in Auvergne VolcanSancy
Departing from La Stèle, several snowshoe routes are offered: loop routes but also connecting routes to other sectors of the Sancy-Ouest Nordic area.
- 3 loop routes starting from La Tour d'Auvergne – La Stèle (3,3 km, 4,3 km and 6 km)
- 3 connecting routes to the Charlannes, Chastreix and Capucin sectors (4 kms, 8 kms and 10 kms)
- Paid access, specific signage.
- Secure toboggan run.
- Wearing a helmet strongly recommended.
- The children are under the full responsibility of the parents.
La Stele nature site
From the full nature site of La Stèle, find various services:
- Sale of cross-country ski and snowshoe fees or on Nordic Massif Central et Sancy
- Maps and routes available at the start of the slopes
- Equipment rental area during the winter
- Possibility of equipment rental in the town center
- Un restaurant
- A picnic room
- Accommodation in tree houses
- Individual and group lessons in cross-country skiing and skating, introduction to biathlon
Skating or no alternative
Whatever your style, you will love skiing at La Stèle, sometimes in the forest, sometimes on the scorched plains with views of the Sancy, the Cantal mountains and the Artense plateau.
Opening of the domain from December 10 (subject to sufficient snow cover) every day from 9 a.m. to 16 p.m.
- Session (valid for 1 day): Adult: €9.50 – Youth: €6.50 – Junior: €4.50
- 2 consecutive days: Adult: €18.00 – Junior: €8.00
- 3 consecutive days: Adult: €25.50 – Junior: €10.00
- Weekly 5 days: Adult: 40.00 € – Youth: 30.00 € – Junior: 16.00 €
- National Nordic Pass: Adult: €210.00 – Junior: €75.00
- Nordic Pass National (presale): Adult: €180.00 – Junior: €65.00
- Nordic Pass Massif Central: Adult: €110.00 – Youth: €60.00 – Junior: €50.00
- Nordic Pass Massif Central (presale before 15/10): Adult: €80.00 – Youth: €45.00 – Junior: €35.00
- Nordic Pass Massif Central (presale before 15/11): Adult: €90.00 – Youth: €50.00 – Junior: €40.00
- Reduced services: late afternoon from 15:30 p.m., CNAS, CEZAM: Adult: €6.50 – Young person: €5.50 – Junior: €4.00
Snowshoes and Pedestrians:
- Day: €3,50 / adult and young person – €2 / child (6 to 16 years old)
- Weekly 5 days: €16,50/adult and young – €9/child (6 to 16 years old)
- Season: €36/adult and young – €20/child (6 to 16 years old)
- Junior rate: 6 to 16 years old included
- Youth rate: 17 to 25 years old
- Adult rate: from 26 years old
- Groups: one free per 10 people
- Schools, UNSS/USEP outings, snow classes, (only during school time): €2.50 / session
- Ma Tribu Family Pass: 2 adults + 2 children – 1 free from the 2nd child, on all passes (except season pass).
- charged €1 on first purchase, then rechargeable thereafter.
- daily or weekly ski passes are valid for all the Nordic areas of the Sancy massif.
Season passes (Nordic Pass Massif Central) are valid for all the Nordic areas of the Massif Central.
- road conditions : 04 73 42 02 63 (departmental council answering machine)
- rescue station and snow information: 04 73 21 54 32
- free parking
Accommodation on site
Access to the Nordic domain of La Stèle is via the D645 between the Tour d'Auvergne and the Bourboule and the D88 between the Mont-Dore and the Tour d'Auvergne.