Practice cross-country skiing in Auvergne, snowshoeing in Auvergne, it is possible on the Nordic area of Guéry, north of Puy de Sancy, in the heart of the Regional Natural Park of the Volcanoes of Auvergne. Ideally located between the chain of volcanic hills and Puy-de-Sancy, less than an hour from Clermont-Ferrand, the Guéry plateau reveals fabulous views of these two major volcanic sites.
Opening season 2022 – 2023
- December 10, 2022 (subject to snow cover) sufficient)
- 9 a.m. to 17 p.m.
Cross-country skiing in Guéry
Sometimes in the forest, sometimes in the open, around a frozen lake, the cross-country skier has magnificent routes allowing you to discover the grandiose panoramas of the Auvergne mountains: open your eyes wide, the spectacle is striking! 58 km of cross-country ski trails in Auvergne starting from the Center Montagnard Cap Guéry.
- 2 green
- 1 blue
- 1 red
- 1 black
- 2 Nordic routes
Snowshoeing in Guéry
From the Center Montagnard Cap Guéry, 20 km of marked snowshoe trails are available to you: 3 routes of 4,5, 5,5 and 10 km.
- Secure toboggan run
- Wearing a helmet strongly recommended
- Children are the full responsibility of the parents
Cap Guéry Mountain Center
The Cap Guéry mountain center is an activity center inspired by Nordic open-air infrastructures. Its vocation is to offer moments of relaxation with the family by promoting a return to the essential values of nature and the preservation of the environment. It has:
- of a space of equipment rental during winter: cross-country skiing (alternative and skating), snowshoes, Nordic skis, pulkas, pushchairs, snowskates and traditional sleds
- a picnic room
- a kota grill
- a reception of groups
- accommodation in cabins
- a reception desk the tourism office open from mid-December to the end of March (regardless of snow conditions)
- the purchase of the ski and snowshoe fee is done on site or online Cap Guéry mountain center et Nordic Massif Central
- la equipment rental is done on site
- individual and group lessons in cross-country skiing and skating, introduction to biathlon are offered on Reservations
- walks in sled dogs
In the purest tradition of Nordic wilderness, the Center Montagnard has a log kota (fuste).
With a maximum capacity of 15 people, it is composed of a central fireplace for use as a barbecue, and benches all around, to share a moment of original and warm conviviality.
The kota grill is freely available to visitors during the opening hours of the Mountain Center.
Spending an evening by the fire tempts you?
- The kota grill can be privatized in the evening outside the opening hours of the Center Montagnard, on Reservations .
- Price: 40€ per evening
- Capacity: 15 people maximum
- Plan to bring your wood or charcoal
The pulka is a transport sled.
This toboggan towed by a skier allows him to tow his equipment on the snow. There are children's pulkas, allowing the whole family to indulge in the joys of the Nordic!
Opening of the Nordic domain
|Opening hours from December 10 to March 26, 2024|
|Monday||Open from 09 a.m. to 17 p.m.|
|Tuesday||Open from 09 a.m. to 17 p.m.|
|Wednesday||Open from 09 a.m. to 17 p.m.|
|Thursday||Open from 09 a.m. to 17 p.m.|
|Friday||Open from 09 a.m. to 17 p.m.|
|Saturday||Open from 09 a.m. to 17 p.m.|
|Sunday||Open from 09 a.m. to 17 p.m.|
- Session (valid for 1 day): Adult: €9.50 – Youth: €6.50 – Junior: €4.50
- 2 consecutive days: Adult: €18.00 – Junior: €8.00
- 3 consecutive days: Adult: €25.50 – Junior: €10.00
- Weekly 5 days: Adult: 40.00 € – Youth: 30.00 € – Junior: 16.00 €
- National Nordic Pass: Adult: €210.00 – Junior: €75.00
- Nordic Pass National (presale): Adult: €180.00 – Junior: €65.00
- Nordic Pass Massif Central: Adult: €110.00 – Youth: €60.00 – Junior: €50.00
- Nordic Pass Massif Central (presale before 15/10): Adult: €80.00 – Youth: €45.00 – Junior: €35.00
- Nordic Pass Massif Central (presale before 15/11): Adult: €90.00 – Youth: €50.00 – Junior: €40.00
- Reduced services: late afternoon from 15:30 p.m., CNAS, CEZAM: Adult: €6.50 – Young person: €5.50 – Junior: €4.00
Sale on tracks : 15 € if no ski or snowshoe pass presented.
Snowshoes and Pedestrians
- Day: €3.50 /adult and young – €2,00 /child (6 to 16 years old)
- Weekly 5 days: €16.50/adult and young – €9,00/child (6 to 16 years old)
- Season: €36.00/adult and young – €20.00/child (6 to 16 years old)
- Junior rate: 6 to 16 years old included
- Youth rate: 17 to 25 years old
- Adult rate: from 26 years old
- Groups: one free per 10 people
- Schools, UNSS/USEP outings, snow classes, (only during school time): €2.50 / session
- Ma Tribu Family Pass (on presentation of family booklet): 3 paid passes, free from the 4th young or junior pass – free pass issued on the cheapest pass. Valid on ski and snowshoe passes. On all titles except season passes.
- charged €1 on first purchase, then rechargeable thereafter.
- daily or weekly ski passes are valid for all the Nordic areas of the Sancy massif.
Season passes (Nordic Pass Massif Central) are valid for all the Nordic areas of the Massif Central.
- road conditions : 04 73 42 02 63 (departmental council answering machine)
- rescue station and snow information: 04 73 65 20 09
- free parking
Accommodation on site
All year round, unusual accommodation at hut : inspired by the reception centers of Canadian National Parks, 2 log cabins for rent all year round (capacity 4 people) with a surface area of 16 m² and 2 lodge tents for rent in summer (capacity 6 people), with an area of 20 m².
The comfort elements (hot showers, conventional toilets) are located in the reception building approximately 300 m from the cabin area.
Winter cabin conditions
- Open from December 10, 2022 to March 26, 2023 by reservation and by appointment
- Minimum stay of 2 nights, arrival possible from Monday to Friday evening.
- Dry toilets are available on the cabin.
- Only the 2 huts are open in winter
The Center Montagnard Cap Guéry is located on the D983 between Clemont-Ferrand and Mont-Dore.
Nordic domain of Guéry