Try the experience of living a night surrounded by nature in a treehouse in Auvergne, lit by candlelight. In winter, in the early morning, put on your skis or snowshoes, make a snowman or have a snowball fight. In spring, let yourself be woken up by the chirping of birds. As a couple or as a family, which of these tree houses in Puy-de-Dôme will you choose?
Wooden hut at Lac de Guéry, in the Sancy massif?
If you are looking for pure nature, basic equipment and have a small budget, you will opt for the Guéry cabins.
- The two huts: with an area of 16m², without water or electricity, equipped with a wood stove, a gas stove. Plan your sleeping bag and your towels, as well as a flashlight and your meals.
- The site: on the banks of the highest lake in Auvergne, Lac du Guéry, you will enjoy superb views of the volcanoes (Chaîne des Puys and Massif du Sancy) by taking the cross-country ski trails or snowshoe routes (rental equipment on site) in winter, and hiking trails the rest of the year.
- The budget: from 78 €
Wooden hut in the trees, in the Puy-de-Dôme, at La Tour d'Auvergne?
If you want to discover the feeling of sleeping perched in a tree more than 5 meters above the ground (up to 14 meters depending on the cabins), your choice will undoubtedly be the Volcano cabins, original and aesthetic.
- The six huts: heated and equipped with dry toilets (with the exception of the spa hut), bed linen and towels are provided as well as torches and candles.
- The site: in the heart of the Stèle woods in the Sancy massif, you will enjoy the Nordic area in winter (cross-country skiing, snowshoeing) with the possibility of renting equipment on site, mountain biking circuits and orienteering courses , hiking departures for an active and natural stay.
Hut on stilts at La Guinguette, just a few kilometers from the Sancy massif and Bort-Les-Orgues?
If you are looking for huts accessible to all, built in a local wood by a local craftsman, with beautiful decoration, your choice will undoubtedly be the huts on stilts at La Guinguette.
- The three huts: built on stilts, access is on foot. Without water, electricity or toilets, they each have a private bathroom in the reception building. Comfortable and heated by a wood stove; beds are made on arrival and towels are provided. Access to the wellness platform consisting of a Swedish bath and a sauna
- The site: in the extreme south-east of the Puy de Dôme department, La Guinguette is halfway between the major tourist sites of Haute-Corrèze and the Massif du Sancy, where you can practice various activities (nautical, fishing , gold panning, hiking, mountain biking, winter sports).
- The budget: from €140 (breakfast included, access to the Swedish bath and sauna included)
All our unusual accommodations