Portique de Saint-Sauves d’Auvergne
In 1873, the mayor of the commune of St-Sauves had the idea of keeping and moving the porch of the old church, which was partly destroyed during the fire of 1872.
At the same time, the XNUMXth century baptistery was also removed to be placed at the level of the panorama of St-Sauves. This portico from the end of the XNUMXth century is composed of various ornaments and moldings from the Renaissance period, we find the coat of arms of the Rochebaron family, lords of St-Sauves at that time. In addition to representations of men and women, other figurines represent hell.
- Historical patrimony
- Religious Heritage
- Religious site