Trout is the queen of fishing in Auvergne. Many other varieties of fish are present there. At the heart of the Parc des volcans d'Auvergne, the landscapes shaped by volcanoes are full of small lakes, rivers, peat bogs and small streams.
In the heart of the Auvergne Volcanoes Natural Park, our landscapes shaped by volcanoes are full of small lakes (of volcanic origin or dams), rivers, peat bogs, small mountain streams. If the trout is queen there, many other varieties of fish are present there (grayfish, carp, pike-perch, pike, perch).
Occasional or seasoned fisherman, whatever your technique (fly, natural bait, lures, boat, float-tube), you will undoubtedly find what you are looking for. On the Dordogne or the Sioule? at the edge from Lake Servières ou from Lake Guéry ? On the lake of La Tour d'Auvergne or in a private pond? In the reservoir of the Bort-les-Orgues dam? In the Fontsalade or the Sioulot? On a “no kill” course? Where will your choice be?
Tips for successful fishing
- Check the applicable regulations on the site of the Puy-de-Dôme Federation for Fishing and the Protection of Aquatic Environments.
- Buy your Puy-de-Dôme fishing license from some dealers or online. Daily or weekly passes are also on sale.
- Don't forget the snack: our grocery stores or in one of the many restaurants our territory (some restaurants offer take-out, do not hesitate to contact them).
- Have your family or friends accompany you, they will find something to take care of.
- Be guided by a professional.
Available on all smartphones, this application allows you to know the water heights of dam lakes and thus facilitate the launching of boats.