Volcan de Lemptégy
Explore the heart of a real volcano...
Located in the center of the tectonic high place "Chaîne des Puys - Faille de Limagne" listed as World Heritage by UNESCO, we offer you the unique and unusual discovery of the interior of a 100% natural Volcano.
Discover the secrets of volcanology thanks to an interactive visit of 2h30 to the Volcan de Lemptégy, composed of 5 stages:
- The “volcano and people” route: this fun and interactive introduction to the visit will familiarize you with this volcano and thus better understand its metamorphosis. A 30-minute stroll in autonomy.
- Guided exploration of the anatomy of the volcano: meet your guide on foot or by train. The latter will transmit all his geological and volcanological knowledge to you: bombs, volcanic chimneys, lava flow... and leave with slag (solidified lava). A mine of information to better understand the landscape that surrounds us.
- “The soul of Lemptégy”: an unusual journey into the industrial past of the site thanks to the visit of the old pozzolan extraction machines, once used by the quarry workers.
- The immersive attraction "the Volcano 'Express": this sensory and emotional experience will reveal all the secrets of the formation of the Chaîne des Puys and the Faille de Limagne. And if the rift reopens... Will you arrive at your destination?
- The dynamic 4D film “Aux Origines”: enjoy an unprecedented flight over the volcanoes of Auvergne and relive the history of the volcano as if you were there, from its eruptions to the present day.
On site, let yourself be tempted by a gourmet break at the Volcan de Lemptégy restaurant. The chef offers regional and traditional dishes (sausage/aligot, truffade, salted pork…).
You can also stroll through the new shop and discover a wide range of regional products, souvenirs, books...
NIGHT CIRCUIT "THE AWAKENING OF THE VOLCANO": 50 dates from April to September: a breathtaking night experience! By accessing at night, you will be propelled into the heart of the Lemptégy Volcano to live an extraordinary experience. Throughout your journey, you will dive into an erupting volcano and discover magical creatures. A new universe to discover and a new way of apprehending the Lemptégy Volcano. 1.5 km on foot. Prices and timetable: see website.
Further information :
Open all year round by reservation for groups.
Compulsory guided group tour
Playground and meeting room
Tips and Suggestions :
A guided walking tour offered on presentation of the Terra Volcana pass
Promotional offers :
1 free entry to the Lemptegy volcano (guided walking tour), to choose from 4 tourist sites on presentation of your ClermontPass 72h. If you want to take the little train, you will be asked for a supplement (€4/person in low season / €4,50/person in high season).
15 minutes from Clermont-Ferrand, in the heart of the Chaîne des Puys, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Volcan de Lemptégy promises an unusual journey and a total change of scenery in the center of a unique volcano. Here, we make volcanology accessible to everyone in a beautiful natural setting.
|Opening hours from February 07 to November 05, 2023|
||12.5 €||17 €|
||10.5 €||14 €|
||11.25 €||15.75 €|
||9 €||13.05 €|
The Volcan de Lemptégy offers you a joint pass with the Grotte de la Pierre de Volvic (located 20 minutes away). The latter allows you to access preferential rates:
Adults: from €18 to €22.50
Children: from 14.40 € to 18.40 €
Groups from 30 people: from €16,30 to €19.50 for adults and from €14.30 to €16.30 for children
Free for less than 4 years.
Activities on site
- Sound and light
- Recreational leisure
- Tourist cave / Other developed natural sites
Animals are accepted.
- Tourism and Handicap brand - hearing impairment
- Tourism and Handicap brand - mental disability
- Tourism and Handicap brand - motor impairment
- Wheelchair accessible with assistance
- Accessible for self-propelled wheelchairs